Note from the Director
It was a pleasure seeing many of you at the Parent / Teacher Conference last week. Respect is a very important value that we expect from all students, staff and parents of our school family. Please continue to help us in ensuring this quality is displayed at all times.
International Culture Appreciation
Our school is comprised of many beautiful cultures and backgrounds. We will hold our International Week celebration for students to celebrate each other next month, December 4 – 7, 2016. It is important that students understand the importance of respect and sincere appreciation for others. Attending our school in Doha provides students a global, first-hand interaction and opportunity to gain friendships with students of various cultures. Such an advantage will greatly benefit all students in their future endeavors.
We would like your support in efforts of continuing culture appreciation:
- Encourage your child to build friendships at school.
- Remind your child to respect their classmates that may look or speak differently.
- Ask your child about their efforts to welcome others.
- INJAZ Program (Gr. 9 – 12): Oct 27, Nov 3, Nov 10
- Cycle 2 Instruction Period: Oct 24 – Nov 28
- PTA Sponsored Tea & Talk: Nov 15, 2 PM – 3 PM
- Rise ‘n Coffee: Nov 30, 7 AM – 7:50 AM
- General PTA Meeting: Dec 5, 3 PM – 4 PM (All parents are welcome to attend, more details will be sent)
- International Week: Dec 4 – Dec 7
- Qatar National Day Celebration: Dec 8
- Winter Break: December 18 – Jan 2 (students return January 3, 2017)
Topics to be discussed:
- All details concerning the SAT & ACT
- Family Fun Day planning
Attendance & Tardy Policy
Five Unexcused Absences will result in failure of the course. The absence accumulations reset to zero at the beginning of each semester.
Three Unexcused Tardies and/or Homeroom absence/tardy will result in afterschool detention. This is calculated on a weekly bases, Tuesday to Tuesday. The accumulation resets to zero every week.
After a student has attended two afterschool detentions, he/she will be placed on a behavioral contract if the negligence continues. If the behavior continues, the student will be placed on suspension.
- Think PINK Day
- PSAT (completed by Grade 10 students)
- Fall semester Parent / Teacher Conference
- Cycle 1 Awards Assembly
- Best Buddies Orientation
- Qatar Debate – Boys & Girls
- Visit to Shafallah Center
- Best Buddies Event
- High School Debate Competitions
- INJAZ Program Participation
- MAP Testing
- University Expos
- Reach Out to Asia workshops
Rise ‘n Coffee
Rise ‘n Coffee is a PTA-sponsored event where all parents are invited to meet with each other as you drop your child at school. Coffee and morning pastries will be available November 30, 2016 from 7:00 AM – 7:50 AM.
International Week / Qatar National Day
International Week will take place during December 4 – 7, 2016. Students will celebrate their cultue during this week while participating in many games, talent show and activities during their lunch breaks. Students will be encouraged to wear their cultural attrire on a specfic day. More details will be discussed with students as the date approaches. Normal class attendance will take place during this week.
In recognition of Qatar National Day, we will have a celebration on Thursday, December 8, 2016. Students are required to attend school on this day (attendance will be taken). There will be an early dismissal at 12 PM. Please ensure necessary pick-up arrangements for your child.
On the day we celebrate Qatar National Day, students are encouraged to wear Qatari national clothing (Girls: abaya, Boys: thobe), or students may wear shirts matching the colors of the Qatar national flag (white & maroon) with uniform pants. Students may also wear their standard uniform if he or she chooses.
We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin but we all belong to the human race.